Not to sound basic, but I have loved fall and pumpkin-flavored/scented items before it was cool… basically since I was 4. My birthday is in mid-October and I have always had an appreciation for all things fall.
October is happy, cozy, beautiful, and fun.
There is not much more that I could ask for in my birthday month.
- I love everything pumpkin-flavored or scented. Several of my birthdays when I was a kid, I asked for a pumpkin pie instead of a birthday cake. The nice thing about the fall now is there are numerous amounts of pumpkin-flavored candles, hand soaps, tortilla chips, you name it. A lot of my family now buys me pumpkin-related decor and food for my birthday and I love it.
- Halloween is in October. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. It is all about having fun, dressing up, enjoying the company of others, and candy. It is a very laid back holiday. I have been known to have Halloween and costume-themed birthday parties before.
- The weather is comfortable and perfect for hoodies, sweaters, and scarves… some of my favorite things to wear.
- Bonfires. There is nothing that I like better than sitting around a fire with a blanket and the people that I love, enjoying great conversation.
- It is absolutely beautiful outside in October. The trees are still plentiful with leaves of yellow, orange, and red. In October, the outdoors are breathtaking.
- October is a great time to do outdoor shopping such as the outlets and fall festivals. In Cincinnati, it is usually warm enough in October that you don’t need to wear a ton of layers outside.