Yep. I’m a lazy mom. However, I want to create lasting memories for my daughter, Ellie. We have ‘Buddy’ the elf who comes to visit from the North Pole during the holiday season. But the thing with Buddy is that Mommy has to remember to be creative enough every evening to make it memorable for my daughter when she wakes up in the morning.
Let’s face it, after work, I’m beat. It’s been a long day, so I need an easy elf idea to throw together. Sometimes, I don’t get to it until the very last moment right before I wake her up in the morning.
Below is a list of a week’s worth of lazy Elf on the Shelf ideas to get you through until Christmas Eve. (No shame in my game here.)
1. M&M Sneak – Literally all you need is a bag of M&M’s. OR any other candy on hand will do.
2. Toasty – Bread. All you need is bread. And a toaster if you feel up to it.
3. Oops! He colored – Coloring book and crayons. Heck, even an old pen or markers would work. Whatever you have on hand.
4. Living Room Sled – Extra Amazon Prime box laying around? (AGAIN, GUILTY!) Use it as a sled for the elf and some friends around the house.
5. Buddy is Stuck – This one is a little more labor-intensive, but I thought it was cute. Dollar store army men and tape on the wall. Super neat idea.
6. Brrrrr Cold Buddy – A small towel and your fridge. Seriously done in two seconds.
7. Sprinkle Angels – This one is a little messy, but all you need is sprinkles. Also, be willing to clean it all up.
What are your favorite lazy Elf on the Shelf ideas?