Editor’s Note: This year’s bucket list was adjusted to account for social distancing guidelines and the still unknowns regarding what will and won’t be open and accessible this summer. Many of the activities on our list can still be enjoyed with social distancing, but we always recommend checking with local establishments before heading out and that is even more important this year!
This year’s bucket list offers more than enough ideas to keep you busy this summer. There is something for every budget, interest, and age. We know you are going to want to dive right into all of these fun ideas, but before you get started, we want to issue our annual challenge.
Each year we extend an official CMC Summer Bucket List Challenge. It’s simple to play.
- Click on the picture below for your printable challenge.
- Complete the 6 activities on the challenge and document the fact that you did with a photograph.
- Post all 6 pictures to Instagram or Facebook, using the hashtags #CMCsummer20 (tagging @cincymomcollective is helpful too!)
- After all 6 pictures are posted, email us at [email protected] so we can verify your completed challenge.
This contest will run from now through August 10th.
One winner will receive a $25 Amazon gift card.
Live It Up, Local Style
- Grab Holtman’s Donuts and eat them at Washington Park
- Spend the day at a local splash pad or community pool
- Make a morning of it at Findlay Market
- Spend a summer night sipping a local craft brew
- Walk across the Purple People Bridge
- Do a virtual storytime with the Blue Manatee Literacy Project Bookstore
Time to Play
- Go tech-free for a day
- Go roller skating
- Check out a new (to you) hiking trail
- Paint & hide rocks
- Check out King Arthur’s Court toy store – don’t miss the downstairs dungeon and you can even book a private appointment Monday-Saturday 9-10 am or 7-8 pm
- Take a virtual road trip to the Indianapolis Children’s Museum
Make Time for an Outdoor Adventure
- Stargaze in your backyard
- Take a walk or bike ride on Loveland Bike Trail
- Start a family garden
- Visit Smale Riverfront Park
- Take a virtual class with the Cincinnati Nature Center
- Take a selfie with a sculpture at Pyramid Hill Sculpture Park
- Complete a week-long staycation for the outdoorsy family
- Look for fossils and play in the creek at Keehner Park
- Visit a local farmer’s market and buy ingredients to make dinner
- Get ice cream at your favorite seasonal ice cream shop.
- Visit a food truck
- Pack a family picnic and eat it at a local park
- Make a charcuterie dinner
- Plan a grill out at a local park (or in your backyard)
- Get takeout from a new (to you) restaurant
- Explore the Donut Trail
- Complete a week-long stay-cation for the foodie family
- Try goetta, if you haven’t already
Immerse Yourself in the Arts
- Participate in the summer reading program at your local library or make your own!
- Complete a week-long staycation for the STEAM family
- Check out one of the many videos of the Cincinnati Pops in action
- Introduce the kids to a movie from your childhood
- Create a sidewalk chalk mural
- Build a city out of Legos with your family
- Walk around OTR and downtown and check out all of the wall murals – snap a pic for our #cmcsummer20 challenge
Hang Around Home
- Create an obstacle course in your yard
- Roast marshmallows for s’mores
- Explore and educate the entire family with at-home STEAM projects
- Get some sparklers for some after-dinner fun
- Do some summer cleaning and donate some unwanted toys/clothes to a local non-profit
- Catch fireflies
- Check out a stack of books from the library and spend an afternoon on the couch reading
- Have a family water balloon fight
- Complete a puzzle as a family
- Have a living room or backyard campout
What would YOU add to our summer bucket list?