Roasting marshmallows by a campfire, reading books by lamp-light in a tent, warm barbecue cuisine, and silly camp songs: these are just a few of the fond memories that we have from joyful camp experiences growing up.
What if we told you that you could experience all of these things with your family, and so much more, without the threat of bad weather sizzling out your roaring campfire or bugs putting a damper on your s’mores roast? It’s true! Our friends at Great Wolf Lodge are celebrating their Summer Camp-In all summer long and we’ve got the exclusive sneak-peek on all the fun so that you can plan your Summer Camp-In experience with them too!
The lodge itself is covered from head to toe in Summer Camp gear: from the “Welcome Campers!” banner in the lobby to the resort staff decked out in camp counselor gear, you truly feel as though you are immersed in the world of a summer camp from the moment you step inside! The only difference is that this is truly the summer camp experience we only ever dreamed of as kids! Who wouldn’t have loved to attend a camp where the water slides were endless, activities were abundant, and the s’mores were nearly gourmet!?
🏕️Know Before You Go🏕️
- Dates: The Summer Camp-In begins Memorial Day Weekend and runs through Labor Day Weekend.
- What’s Included: Once you purchase a room, you will receive water park passes for each day of your stay, plus 1pm access to the water park fun on the day of your arrival! (Room check-in time is 4pm) PLUS, you can participate in countless Summer Camp-In activities that are sure to bring a smile to your face!
- What Ages Should My Kids Be: ALL ages! Seriously!! The water park is SO easy to navigate and has various areas that are truly suitable for all ages. Even with a 2-year-old and a 5-year-old, I never once worried about their safety in the water because the park is clearly designed with safety in mind. There were even some moms splashing and playing in the kiddie area wearing babies in baby carriers! All ages will absolutely LOVE all of the Summer Camp-In activities too!
- Go All-In: Specially decorated rooms are available for reservations featuring tents, indoor-friendly campfire light, festive pennants, & summer decor – staying in a room like this is sure to create lasting memories!
- Pack Light: Great Wolf Lodge features many dining options, both poolside and table dining, as well as several shops within. You won’t need to bring much except some extra clothes, gear for the pool, toiletries, and pajamas! Poolside towels are provided! (You can even reserve a complimentary pack-n-play if you need to!!)
- The Humble Hosts: Wiley the Wolf, Oliver the Raccoon, Sammy the Squirrel, and other forest friends!
- Delicious Details: Enjoy a breakfast buffet to fuel your fun-filled day while enjoying visits from the characters, counselor-led camp songs, dancing, and napkin twirling fun!
- When Do We Eat?: The buffet opens at 7am, giving you plenty of time to eat before you play!
🏕️Pool Party & Activities🏕️
- Poolside Activities: In addition to splashing around, guests can enjoy Camp-In activities by the outdoor pool such as dancing, sack races, yoga, arts and crafts, corn hole toss, and the limbo just to name a few!
- Ducky 500 Races: Kids can decorate their very own rubber ducky to race down the slide! The winner receives a reserved pool deck table for the day in a prime location, a gift card to the gift shop, and bragging rights!
- Rain or Shine: Great Wolf Lodge is known for its incredible water wonderland featuring everything from a toddler splash zone to thrilling slides full of twists and turns! No matter what the weather is like outside, the party keeps going on in their climate-controlled facility!
- Trailblazer Challenge: Feeling up for a challenge? Earn badges by signing up for select activities & earn a badge upon completion of each game & craft! Collect 10 badges to earn the ultimate title of Trailblazer!
🏕️BBQ Dinner & S’mores Bar🏕️
- Finger Lickin’ Good: Can’t shake those cravings for a camper’s feast fresh off the grill? Have no fear – Great Wolf Lodge’s main restaurant called The Loose Moose Cottage features delicious barbecue and all the fixins’ sure to delight your appetite! (I mean, just LOOK at that spread!)
- S’mores Galore: You have to leave room for the s’mores bar to round out the full Camp-In experience! Culinary s’mores experts, otherwise known as s’moreliers, will be on hand to make sure you make yourself the most incredible s’more yet! YUM!!
🏕️Summer Camp-In Bedtime Jamboree🏕️
- Fireside Delight: As the day winds down, throw on your pajamas and gather with your family around the crackling fire in the grand lobby. The fireplace will be ceremoniously lit followed by a few more fun experiences before heading off to bed!
- Prepare for Sweet Dreams: Just in case the kids need to release the last tiny bit of energy they have for the day, they can enjoy face painting, more s’mores, character shows, and singing.
- Story Time: No stay at Great Wolf Lodge is complete without the time-honored tradition of Story Time to end the day. This will feature special Camp-In themed books and all-new songs and dances too!
🏕️Grab Your Bags & Go🏕️
Our experience at the Great Wolf Lodge Summer Camp-In was something that my family and I will never forget. We made memories that will surely last a lifetime – just like any amazing camp experience (minus the bugs… and rain).
So, what are you waiting for!? Head on over to the Great Wolf Lodge website and book your family’s getaway today!