Local Mom Tips to Consider when Choosing the Best Kids Activities
- What time commitment are you seeking and/or able to accommodate? Extra-curriculars are often worth the investment, but you do need to be realistic about what makes the most sense for your life and your child. Many kids activities meet weekly, some have flexibility, while some require a greater time commitment.
- Location and budget. Like it or not, logistics DO matter, especially if your little one falls in love with what they are doing and wants to keep going!
- What are your goals? Are you hoping to expose your child to the arts, encourage their creative interests, get them moving? When they are smaller and don’t know what to ask for, the activities chosen will reflect our goals as parents. (i.e. swim lessons for swim safety!)
- Consider limiting activities to keep it reasonable for both them and you. As your child grows, you may consider an approach where your child can pick one athletic and one non-athletic extra-curricular.
- Follow their lead! After all – it’s their activity and should reflect their interests!
The Children's Theatre of Cincinnati
It isn’t just learning how to sing, dance and act…It’s about gaining confidence, learning life skills and keeping your children active.
TCT Academy offers performing arts instruction from a professional theatre company, introducing children to all elements of live theatre, incorporating educational aspects as well as important life skills and milestones.
Our TCT Educational Team is top-notch, featuring national and world-renowned educators, Broadway and Hollywood performers, and highly-skilled teachers.
Register now for Spring or Fall sessions!
IGKnight Music and Movement
Ignite your baby’s body and mind while experiencing music and movement together! You and your child will strengthen your everlasting bond while exploring age-appropriate instruments, songs, stories, movement, and dance. Activities are designed to stimulate children from birth to 24 months and can be replicated at home.
The 45-minute class meets weekly on Monday or Wednesday mornings over three sessions (fall, winter, & spring) and are ideal for grandparents and caregivers.
Check out this video to see the fun in action!
At McHarper Manor, they believe in the world-changing power of creativity and community! Their studio has become Cincinnati’s leading creative space for kids, teens, and adults to explore their creative powers in a variety of ways. Through weekly classes, day camps and mini-camps, one-time workshops, and private events, they hope to make something beautiful with everyone they meet. Knowledgeable instructors and low student-teacher ratios make their sessions intimate and impactful. Check out their classes and event listings to see what you can learn & create next!
Do you have a creative kiddo on your hands? You know the type we are talking about… the ones who collect the toilet paper rolls and trinkets they find around the house in order to create their next masterpiece. If you have a kiddo who is continually seeking that creative outlet… then these classes are for you.
These classes are for those kids who are constantly twirling, shaking their booty, tapping their toes, & who love a good beat. No matter if your child is a born performer, loves the art of dance or enjoys being part of a peer group… dance can be a wonderful experience!
'Arts' District Near Downtown
There are a ton of kids activities that are not only fun and engaging, but they help teach some important life skills as well. This category is devoted to those “hands-on” opportunities around town!
Most kids can’t resist shaking their booty or singing along to their favorite tunes, but did you know that music is also a great way to encourage developmental growth? Music classes can be a great way to stimulate your little one’s mind, but lessons can also be the perfect creative and challenging outlet for your older kids as well!
Virtual and FREE!
Coding, technology, STEAM, 4H, and more… the possibilities are endless in this arena and honestly, the things these kids can learn and create are incredible. We are big fans of the ever-growing opportunities for our kids in the world of science and tech.
Various Troops Around Town
Various Troops Around Town
Various School Affiliations
Sports are amazing ways to encourage exercise, teamwork, personal drive, and so much more! And the options are endless as well. No matter if you have a little one tumbling on mats or an older one involved in team games or competitions, one this is for certain. They will learn all kinds of life lessons they don’t even realize they are learning and we love that.
Kenwood & Loveland
Crestview Hills, KY
Music, movement, motor skill development, and social skills! Toddler enrichment classes can be a great way to help enhance your little one’s natural development. And best of all… they are fun for grownups to attend as well!
For more information on local toddler enrichment opportunities, check this post out too!