Things to Keep in Mind When Choosing an OB, Midwife, or Gynecologist who is Right for You
- Birth plan. Do you want to try for a VBAC, a water birth, or other natural birthing options? It is important to choose a provider who will work with you regarding any specific requests you may have.
- Hospital affiliation. If it is important to you that you deliver at a specific hospital, you will want to make sure the provider you choose will deliver there.
- Practice size and other details. Do you want a female physician? Is having multiple locations important to you? Do you prefer a small practice? All of these details impact which OB/GYN is a good fit for you.
- Insurance and/or out of pocket cost. Of course, you should try to find a provider who accepts your insurance, but exploring billing practices and cost is important, especially if you don’t have maternity insurance.
- Comfort. In the end, it is important that you choose a provider and a practice who “feel” right to you. A bedside manner that works for you and the ability to make you feel well cared for are probably the most important details of all.
At St. Elizabeth Women’s Health, they believe that all women deserve healthcare providers who truly listen and understand the unique medical needs of women.
Their board-certified obstetricians, gynecologists, and certified nurse midwives take pride in providing you with the highest quality of personalized and comprehensive care available throughout all stages of your life.
Whether you need a routine checkup or if you have a specific condition or concern that requires special attention, their women’s health experts are here to help support your continued health and well-being.