Things to Keep in Mind When Choosing an OB, Midwife, or Gynecologist who is Right for You
- Birth plan. Do you want to try for a VBAC, a water birth, or other natural birthing options? It is important to choose a provider who will work with you regarding any specific requests you may have.
- Hospital affiliation. If it is important to you that you deliver at a specific hospital, you will want to make sure the provider you choose will deliver there.
- Practice size and other details. Do you want a female physician? Is having multiple locations important to you? Do you prefer a small practice? All of these details impact which OB/GYN is a good fit for you.
- Insurance and/or out of pocket cost. Of course, you should try to find a provider who accepts your insurance, but exploring billing practices and cost is important, especially if you don’t have maternity insurance.
- Comfort. In the end, it is important that you choose a provider and a practice who “feel” right to you. A bedside manner that works for you and the ability to make you feel well cared for are probably the most important details of all.
With more than 125 years of maternity care experience, The Christ Hospital Health Network has a long-standing tradition of providing exceptional family planning and maternity services to women in the Greater Cincinnati community. They offer comprehensive, compassionate care that is family-centered and provides you the special attention and support you deserve from preconception planning through delivery.
Not only is the clinical care is exceptional, but the true difference is in the little (or not so little) details. Things like lactation support, birth classes, a c-section viewing room (Liberty location), and above all, a caring staff who wants to provide supportive care that is individualized to meet the unique healthcare needs of women, before, during, and after pregnancy.
There are two convenient birthing centers, including the original Mt. Auburn location and the new, state of the art, Liberty Township location.
*** CMB Reader Recommended ***